Thursday, December 5, 2013
A look into my brain for a day.
Happy Thursday! I felt the need to blog a discussion that me and a lovely friend had at my work. As we gossiped about our love life (or lack thereof..) we discussed about how much dating sucks basically! Which now that you're reading this, you probably agree. Or you're in a wonderful happy relationship, which in that case, I am happy for your good fortune! But as she told me her story of her missionary and how it didn't go so good, I was reminded of some advice that a good friend had just given me that previous Sunday. O p e n y o u r h e a r t. I shoved this advice under the rug for a few days, but I felt like she needed to hear this. And maybe, just maybe, I needed to hear this. Unless her heart is opened, how will she love again? Unless my heart is opened, how am I to serve? Unless our hearts are opened, how will we all learn to accept and love each other the way this gospel has taught us to? Even those who you have felt have wronged you, it's not the end of the world. Do not waste your time and energy being unhappy, self conscious, or angry. Because guess what? You still woke up this morning. You are breathing. You matter to someone. NEVER give up. If I wouldn't have known this about 4-5 years ago, I wouldn't be here. I was in the darkest state of my life, completely shutting out anything and everything that had to do with the gospel, filling my life empty music lyrics that 'so relate' contemplating suicide every other day. You know what I'm talking about, you've seen pictures of me. It wasn't until I realized that I wasn't happy, when I finally decided to make a change. I had to completely convert myself to the gospel again, and start from scratch, and I've honestly never been happier. Had it not been for my little punk phase, I wouldn't have realized all the blessings that this gospel has to offer, and the happiness that it's brought me. I would just know that it's what I had to do and do it. So now that you know my life story, take a minute to evaluate yours. Are you just going through the motions? Do you not realize how lucky you are, that no matter what happens, you will always have that ONE constant, that happy ending that every girl (and guy) dreams of. Never forget. You are loved, you are blessed, and you darn well better realize it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment