Friday, December 6, 2013

Gotta get down on Friday!

I got 99 problems, and dey all have to do with working for 15 hours today. But, it's the weekend! So many things are going through my mind as I get closer and closer to my leave date, and I've been trying to make the most out of everything I do.. So naturally, I made a 'canteen' list to go through and figure out what I want to do before I leave. So far, I have seen my husband 4EVR Michael Buble with my awesome friend Jake, got the glasses of my dreams, put blue in my hair then did an ombre, went indoor rock climbing, and just last night me and my buddy Justin just went indoor skydiving. Talk about living life to the fullest, AMIRIGHT? Well, today I kind of want to share a scripture that has been on my mind a lot lately. It can be found in my handy dandy.... Book Of Mormon! Mosiah 2:41, and if you don't have one with you, you can click the link and read more, hopefully it strikes you in the oh so gentle manner that you love. Anyway, in it, it reads "..I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.." Do you need me to simplify that? HAPPY. BLESSED. KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. We could sit here and make a commercial of some guy yelling at a screen "DO YOU LIKE BEING HAPPY? DO YOU WANT ALL OF THE MARVELOUS BLESSINGS THAT OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HAS TO OFFER, ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF, YOU GET? Then keep the commandments.." then the screen pans out and he keeps a straight face as he glares into your soul.. And people STILL wouldn't get it! But what can you do? You can pray. You can pray for the strength to not only keep the commandments, but to have a strong desire to want to keep the commandments. It's not going to be easy. Trust me, it wont be easy. But I can absolutely promise you that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment