Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Weak ankles.

So, you guys all know the myth of Achilles? The greatest fighter of the Greeks, whose mother tried to protect him by dipping him into the river Styx (holding him by the ankles..) when he was a kid.Spoiler alert, he died later on in battle due to his "weak ankles" because he took an arrow to the achilles. Now, think of how that could apply to us. This gospel, is the river Styx, we are Achilles, and the world, is the arrow. See what I'm getting at? If we want to be protected from the dangers of the world, we need to be fully immersed into this gospel, trusting in the Lord. If we put our faith and trust into the world, spoiler alert! You're gonna be let down. But the Lord will not let you down, I promise you. He wants us to be happy and he wants us to succeed, whereas the world puts us down on purpose, pushing us to the extreme, telling us that we are never good enough, creating contention, depressing feelings, and self-hatred. Now, there was a time in my life where I wasn't fully immersed in this gospel. In fact, it was probably more recent than you think. Just because I am telling you not to feel like this doesn't mean that I've never had doubts, or sad feelings, or so much self-hatred that I found myself cutting, throwing up on purpose because I was bullied into an eating disorder, and turning to dark music for a comfort. I've been there. I've dug myself out of that. And the thing that I love the most? I did it as a choice. No one forced me to. My loving mother, who bless her heart had to deal with me, was always very gentle and very careful around me. What a wonderful mother I have! And what a wonderful Savior I have.. What a wonderful life, that I am blessed with. The world will come at you, and it will come at full blast. And if you do not immerse yourself into this gospel, and put your trust in the Lord, you will get caught up in it, and you will not make it out alive. That, I testify to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment