Hot dang, ya'll. Well, tis the season to be jolly.. That I am gonna be out of the cold weather soakin up the sun in MEXICO in about three weeks! This week is also my last day of work, so if anyone wanted like autographs or to see me before I embark on this wonderful slice of my life, it's time. It sounds weird to now say it out loud, but I literally opened my call four months ago. To the DAY. Still feels like it was yesterday.. Well, for a brief update on Christmas, mine was fabulous. I got to spend it with my cute family! We even joked that it was my last Christmas (ever) and that I would never get another one since when I get home I will be a woman. Presents were, of course, mission affiliated. But who's to say that that doesn't make them fun? I got a new iPod! A mission iPod that I may or may not have loaded with regular non-church related music while I can.. Then it kinda hit me, I need to get all of my laundry done so I can pack. Then it hit me again, I have to pack because I am leaving. Then it came back because third times the charm, right? 26 days. While I have never felt so ready for anything in my life, I can't help but feel, not ready. I am about to leave my family for 18 months.. I am about to sacrifice everything and completely give my all to the Lord. I made a decision back in May that I was going to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints because I had something to offer. I have a story to share that can maybe help someone, somewhere in New York or Mexico. Who knows? God knows. Whoever I am supposed to help, will be there waiting for me to search them out. Whether it be to help an awkward companion get out of her shell, to baptize the heck out of the New Yorkers, or just to spark SOMETHING in SOMEONE, they will be there. At the right time, at the right place.
Also, to all of those who made bets against me that I would be married before I left, I accept cash or check.
26 days, my friends. 26 days.
That's crazy can't believe your gone!! Good luck, I was wondering if Id see you again soon. Not for a while.:(
ReplyDelete